Lesson Learned

So just realised the slick routine I thought I had for processing my images for the site was generating very large .png files rather than the smaller .jpg files I was expecting. I only just noticed I was racing through my space allocation and some pages were slow to load. So now I’m going back through the pages and converting and re-uploading the images, which is a tedious pain but serves me right for not checking.

I’ve found an app to help with batch conversions and I’ll work through the uploads over the next couple of days and get it right for future pages. Learning WordPress was one of the reasons I started the site so a few hiccups are to be expected I guess.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s